Tuesday, January 4, 2011

WPS Draft- January 14

Hello! Have to say, things have been a little slow here on the blog, with both posts and views, which is probably due to the holidays, and also the lack of transfer and league news. So, I decided to write a short post about the Draft. As most of you likely know, the draft will be held on January 14, in Maryland. As for us fans, we will be able to watch the Draft live on womensprosoccer.com, with a webcast starting at 1pm ET. The WPS website gave an overview of which players, according to their respective positions, would be highly sought after in the draft. I don't know much about many of the players, but I recognized some names after seeing them play in the Final Four college cup. News has been rather slow, and I'm willing to bet that it's because many teams have been occupying themselves with the Draft, which will be here in only 10 days. After the Draft, I bet we'll start to see some more trades, transfers, and signings. But, right now, Everyone's focus is on the WPS Draft. I'm curious to see which teams the players go to, and I'm curious to see how each of them will fit into their respective teams.

Until then,

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment