Thursday, March 24, 2011

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Hello everyone! Just as I have been away from the blog for a surprisingly long time, so too has Women's soccer been away from us. For many of us, we have not seen a live game since November. I had the privelege of being able to view one of Sky Blue FC's matches in Turkey for the Tournament of Champions on the computer. And when I watched it, I realized how much I miss Women's soccer, and how awesome the sport and its athletes are. I hadn't seen an exciting game quite like that in a while. Sky Blue was playing some awesome fast paced soccer, and the quick one touch passes were on point. Even better, I was treated to a nail-biting, nerve-wracking penalty shoot-out in the Semifinal match. Sky Blue fought through to sudden death in penalties. It was one of the most intense penalty shoot-outs I've ever seen. In the time away from Women's Soccer, I watched some Men's games by way of Champions League and La Liga. And I still say today, there's something Women's soccer has that Men's soccer doesn't. I still have difficulty finding the words, and pinpointing what exactly it is. But anyway, I've come to celebrate with you the fact that Women's soccer will be back once again, and quite soon. The action all starts in early April. The USWNT will be playing the much anticipated friendly against England on April 2nd. Soon after, WPS will start its landmark 3rd season. Then, shortly into May, the USWNT will play 2 friendlies against Japan on the 14th and 18th. Then not long after that is the June 5th send-off for the USWNT, and then they travel to Austria for a pre-WWC training camp. June 26th won't be too long after that. As you can see, the time is going to be flying pretty fast, and gaps between events are short. Many other teams will be participating in friendlies as well no doubt, and I'll list those as I research them. But yeah, Women's soccer will be back, and so will the blog (although I never really left, its just there was a lack of events).

I'm thinking I might write some posts coming up on insight and opinion. When there isn't much news, a good rant can always get people thinking or even talking!

See you around soon!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment