Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy March!

Wow, has it been a while. Feels like ages since I've written on here. But, with the start of my second college semester, and with the day-to-day events, the blog has had to take a place on the back burner for about 2 weeks. I apologize for the delay in posts. Although, I have to say, the last 2 weeks have been rather uneventful in the Women's soccer world, save for the Algarve and Cyprus Cups which just began yesterday.In order to catch up, I'll be releasing a few posts in a rather rapid succession to make up for lost time. I would do a combo post, but I feel like they deserve their own headlines. However I will include some of the more small news that doesn't need an entire post.


Canada WNT Steps Down From Boycott- It was recently released probably sometime last week, that the Canada WNT has ended their threatened boycott. The CSA has made efforts to settle differences with Morace and keep the head coach who brought Canada to a Number 9 World ranking, around after the 2011 World Cup. That means the players could, and have been, participating in the Cyprus Cup. Although that battle is won, the war is not over; the Canadains are still fighting to get equal pay and compensation.


WPS Pre-Season Begins- Believe it or not folks, pre-season is actually here. Can you believe it? In about a month's time, we will once again be back to watching our favorite players and teams in the league every weekend. Its seriously crazy how time flies. It feels like just yesterday when FC Gold Pride triumphed in its "Last to First" run in the 2010 season, feels like only yesterday when that Championship Final gone as quick as it came, and we're here at the beginning once again. I honestly can't believe it. I've spent so much time researching off-season moves and getting all the updates, that I forgot to realize that everytime something new happened, we were one step closer to the beginning of the 2011 season. I'm excited to experience another season of WPS, and I'm sure it will treat us to only the best action, as it always does.


OK everyone, get ready for a few more posts! Its good to be back!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment