Sunday, September 26, 2010

It All Comes Down To This: The WPS Championship Final

Who will be crowned WPS 2010 Champion? Will it be FC Gold Pride, or the Philadelphia Independence?



That's it Ladies and Gentlemen, the WPS 2010 year comes to a complete close tomorrow, when FC Gold Pride faces off against the Philadelphia Independence for the title of WPS 2010 Champions. I'm going to give my little two-sense and prediction here.


This is probably the biggest match of the 2010 year, and I guarantee you that its going to be a good one. Luckily for me (and all you other WPS fans) the game is pretty early in the day. Coverage starts at 2pm ET on MSG+ (channel 72 for iO subscribers). So, that means less waiting for the game to finally start! Anyway, I'm going to give my prediction. Who will be crowned WPS 2010 Champions? Two teams have fought their way through the regular season, and one through the playoffs, but tomorrow, only one will be crowned the Champion, and will have the right to lift the trophy. What's my guess? I think FC Gold Pride is going to take it all. The Bay Area Team is like LA Sol 2.0, but better. FC Gold Pride were near unstoppable this season, and unlike their 2009 Regular Season Title Holder counterparts, the LA Sol, they finished off their regular season strong. In fact, in their final game, they beat Philly 4-1. They will be facing that same team come 2:30pm tomorrow. Maybe that match will have a psychological bearing on the teams? Who knows. Philly has fought hard through the playoffs to get to the Final, and of course they are not going to go down without a fight. FC Gold Pride are regular season title holders, and are not going to relinquish their top-dog status so easily either. I think FC Gold Pride is just too strong, and I think they're going to come out just as hard as they did in the regular season. I've been wrong so far on my playoff predictions. Hopefully I get one right for a change.


Remember, catch it on MSG+ starting at 2pm ET!

Congratulations to both teams for making it this far. Regardless of my predictions and biases, I wish both teams the best of luck in the Championship Final tomorrow. May the best team win.

See you here again when our 2010 Champion is crowned!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment