Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today's Big Match: The WPS Super Semifinal

Today is the WPS Super Semifinal. Catch the game live on FSC starting at 8pm ET, as the Boston Breakers host the Philadelphia Independence.



Hello everyone! Just a quick reminder letting you know that today is the big Boston Breakers vs. Philadelphia Independence match in the WPS Super Semifinal. I doubt you really needed any reminding, but just in case, I thought I'd let you know. Obviously, I never got around to writing that prediction/analysis post about the Super Semifinal, but I'll give you my prediction in just a bit.

Be sure to catch the Super Semifinal today on FSC, with coverage starting at 8pm Eastern Time. I checked the TV listing and already have my game DVRed, although I think only some kind of tornado, tidal wave, or other natural disaster will keep me from watching that game live.


This game is sure to be awesome. I think its safe to predict that its going to be an intense, hard-fought match. What's my prediction on who will win? I honestly don't know. Since I'm a biased Freedom fan, and I'm a little bitter about my team getting knocked out, I would like to see Philadelphia get a taste of their own medicine. However, Philly played excellently in the First Round, as they did for the entire season, and I have nothing but respect for them. They came out and shot down the "rookie team, rookie performance" assumption. They came out swinging this season and gave everyone a run for their money. That's more than Atlanta can say! No, I'm just kidding. Atlanta played well, but it just wasn't their year, and they started to fix problems way late. They will be better next season. As for Boston, they did excellently this year too, coming back from a losing streak right before the All-Star break to end up 2nd in the league table. Now that's an accomplishment. I really don't know how the story will unfold tonight. Half of me says Boston, but the other half says Philly. I'm really not sure. But, since it would be lame to tell you that I have a prediction, and then just say "Oh I don't know, that's my prediction", I'll go out on a limb here and say Boston will win. Why? Because A.- I want revenge, especially for that little last-minute maneuver Philly pulled against Washington. Don't get me wrong, I like Philly. They were the underdog this season and they proved everyone wrong. I like them a lot. But, I kinda want a little revenge. Yet, I'm torn. I liked Philly so much this year, that I kind of want to see them move forward, especially with them being the big underdog surprise. I don't know. And B.- The main reason I'm picking Boston? I had a dream the other night where I was watching the Championship Game, and at half-time it was FC Gold Pride's logo and the Boston Breakers logo. That's why I'm saying Boston. In reality though, this game is up-in-the-air.


Remember: Catch it tonight on FSC, 8pm ET! WPS is almost over for the year, and its ending with a bang! Don't miss these precious few games, people! They make for some excellent matches. Like I always say: You'd be crazy to miss this game.


Good luck to Boston and Philly! Put on a show out there.

See you all again soon,

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment