Thursday, February 3, 2011

Germany 2011 Promises To Be Electric

As it was recently announced, the Germany 2011 Women's World Cup has sold just about 500,000 tickets for the tournament, and is already on the list of the highest attended Women's World Cups to date. Its already broken the record for attendance to a Women's match in Europe, as the Opening match in Olympic Stadium (which holds about 74,000) has already reported that 50,000+ fans will be attending. The ticketing has already shifted into its fourth and final sales phase. The German team's games are the most popular, but other games are flying fast as well. The games are sure to have full and noisy crowds watching the best Women's teams in the World compete. If you're planning to head to Germany and watch the World Cup, you better get a move on as far as tickets go if you haven't already! The fourth phase is the last chance fans have to guarantee themselves a seat in the Final (who'd want to miss that?!), and tickets are becoming increasingly hard to get, since they're selling out at a high rate. So, make sure you get your hands on them! I wish I could, but I do not have the funds to make a trip to Germany and see some games. I'd love to, but like many of us I'll be watching from my living room, in gear, with snacks, good company, and a vuvuzela or two! As I've said before, I have a good feeling about this World Cup and what its impact will be on the sport.

Looking forward to June 26th.

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment