Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good-Bye Mestalla, Hello Camp Nou!

Its official! David Villa is off to FC Barcelona. The Spain and former Valencia marksman will now be joining the Blaugrana for 40m. Finally, after many transfer seasons gone by, Villa is on the move to another team. Don't believe me? Here's the official news, from FIFA.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1213928.html#barca+agree+villa+deal


You can't get any more official than FIFA, so in other words, this is a done deal. Well, that's the cold hard facts. Only thing left to give is an opinion.

As for me personally, I've been dying to see Villa leave Valencia for a few seasons now. Villa was actually one of the reasons I started to follow Valencia. My whole family followed Barcelona and Real Madrid, and since David Villa became my favorite player after the 06 World Cup, I figured I'd see how his team was. Along with Villa, and the rest of the players on the team, I ended up falling in love with Valencia. Villa has done some exceptional things on Valencia, and has provided fans with some unforgettable moments. From half line goals, to bicycle kicks, to Golazos outside the 18, to even free kicks that defied the laws of physics, Villa has carried Valencia through good and bad. As a Valencia fan for 3 years, I must say, it is sad for Villa to go. The team will definitely miss him. But as a Villa fan, I must say this is a good move for him. Let's face it. Valencia doesn't have the best players, and with the financial problems looming over their heads, they won't have the money to build the team up. Its logical to say, success just isn't in the cards for Valencia. A player like Villa, who is one of the best strikers in the World (he was actually named best striker in the World by World Soccer magazine, based on goals accumulated from 2005-2010), deserves to be on a team with players more his caliber, and with a team that will go far in competitions and win trophies. The things Villa has done and the recognition he has gotten on a club like Valencia is phenomenal, but I think its a good idea for Villa to move on to bigger and better things. I will follow Villa wherever he goes, but I will always remember everything he's done on Valencia, and I won't ever forget the moments Valencia has provided. I can't turn my back on them, and I will still continue to follow their endeavors, and I will still root for them. I wish Valencia good luck in the 2010-11 season, and I also wish luck to Villa on his new club, FC Barcelona.

2 comments:

  1. I updated some stuff on your blog and added an email link on your profile! :)

    ReplyDelete