Monday, November 22, 2010

ATTENTION USWNT FANS!

Hey guys, sorry I've been late on posting, I have a post the first USWNT-Italy game in the works right now. But, I have something very important to ask each and every one of you.

For some of us, we cannot receive ESPN 3. I'm one of those people; my cable provider or whatever simply does not work with it. So, I could not watch the game this past Saturday, and was sentenced to the torture known as match tracker. Many fans had the same problem. Lots of us, even those who could receive ESPN 3, are hoping that ESPN pulls the same thing they did with the Costa Rica game, and televises the 2nd USWNT-Italy game, sort of spontaneously. Well, hoping isn't enough for me. To all of you USWNT fans out there, and even to those of you who love other teams, but want the coverage of women's soccer to improve, we should stop waiting around and hoping and should do something! One person isn't enough, we need a lot. So, I decided to contact ESPN today and complain about the serious lack of coverage. I wrote them a small response (they only allowed 1,000 characters but I could have easily written double or triple that), and told them exactly what I thought, and asked them to air the 2nd game. If enough of us ask/complain, maybe they will listen and actually put the game on! As for myself, I'm going to send a response every day up until Saturday. If you'd like to join me, I appreciate it, and I'm sure the USWNT would too. If there is a high enough response and demand, they will probably listen. So seriously, step up and help get us some coverage! Is it fair that the MNT gets cameras to South Africa and everywhere around the globe for FRIENDLIES, while our USWNT is trying to qualify for a World Cup and can't get TV coverage over in Italy, and hell, not even HERE in the USA? NO! Its not fair! So come on guys, make your voices heard! Please join me in this cause! The USWNT deserves the coverage, especially now, during these extremely important games!

Here's the link so that YOU can make your voice heard. Every fan's opinion counts.

http://espn.go.com/espn/contact?lang=EN&country=united%20states


Thanks a lot everyone. I hope you will write them. Do it for the USWNT!


Let's give them no choice but to listen!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment