Friday, November 26, 2010

Spotting The Nike Maestri

As a soccer fan, I really appreciate and enjoy a great soccer game. And sometimes, I find it fun to check out what new cleats the players are sporting. When it comes to cleats, I love crazy, bright, and vivid colors. Nice shades of blue, green, red and yellow always catch my eye, and if I was a professional (or, if I had the money of a professional) I'd be sure to get a pair of those myself. In the past I've taken to red, blue, and green F50's, and also the crazy-colored Nike Mercurials, which ranged anywhere from blue and lime green, to red and even violet. But recently, I've taken to the Nike Maestri, and in particular, the blue ones (I always seem to gravitate towards blue, since it is my favorite color). Here's a picture of them:



Nice cleats, right? I spotted these recently during the Women's Gold Cup, and some of my favorite USWNT players were wearing them.

Abby Wambach, the USWNT's star striker, can be seen wearing a pair of blue Nike Maestri's, and likely scoring with them on her feet. Good taste in cleats, Abby!


Carli Lloyd delivers up passes and assists, and can be seen doing so with some nice blue Nike Maestri's!


Even Goal Keepers need good cleats! Ashlyn Harris makes some diving saves with her Maestri's!


Seems like a lot of the USWNT players are wearing the Blue Nike Maestri's. Nice kicks, guys!

Hope you guys enjoyed the Cleat Watch post! You can see many of the USWNT stars sporting the Nike Maestri's tomorrow, when they play Italy in Toyota Park, down in Chicagoland! If you can't make it to the game, like me, watch all the action on ESPN3.com. And, if you can't get ESPN3 (like me) then I'll see you guys on match tracker! The action starts at 1pm CT, meaning 2pm ET. Still disgusted that neither ESPN or FSC have taken the responsibility to cover this important game, but I will be on match tracker, cheering from home. Hope you all join me, as the final World Cup berth is decided!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment