Monday, November 1, 2010

Some Semi-Good News

The Washington Freedom is down but not out.





As I wrote about yesterday, 2 teams in our beloved league, the WPS, might be folding. The Washington Freedom and FC Gold Pride are on the verge of announcing that they will be ceasing operations. However, on the Washington Freedom's facebook page, they posted this: http://bit.ly/94LGX5

The Washington Freedom are still working to find investors, and are not officially folding just yet. As for FC Gold Pride, no news has surfaced. So, as of right now, FC Gold Pride's future is still a mystery. At least with the Washington Freedom, we know they are still hanging on.



Right now, I'm just hoping for all the best, and I seriously hope things work out for both the Washington Freedom and FC Gold Pride. It would suck to see the league lose more teams. We can't keep taking one step forward and two steps back. For this league to survive, we need to get past these first few years and move forward. I feel helpless as a fan, because I don't live anywhere near these teams, and can't buy/renew season tickets, even though I definitely would if I could. And, I'm not a rich millionaire who has money to give to the league to help them out. I'm the only fan in my family, and even though I want to help, I can't. The only thing I can do is stand by and hope for the best, and its hard. This is the case for me and plenty other fans. We will do all we can to keep this league alive though. So everyone, spread the word, tell your friends, make/sign a petition, do anything possible! We need to keep our beloved WPS alive, so that its here to stay! We need to survive this off-season, and the landmark 3rd year. Let's do everything we can!

Here's to the future and success of the WPS!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment