Monday, October 18, 2010

2010 Peace Queen Cup In Progress

The 2010 Peace Queen Cup is underway



Hey everyone, here to talk about the progress of the Peace Queen Cup! Actually, to be honest with you, I didn't even know there was a "Peace Queen Cup" in progress. I figured it was a little odd that so many of the teams (England, New Zealand, Mexico, etc.) were all having friendlies in "Suwon". I figured "Well, Suwon isn't in Mexico, Enlgand, or New Zealand, but its in Korea...maybe its a Peace Queen Cup?" But I ruled out the possibility of a Peace Queen Cup, because I only knew of the 2006 one, and thought they stopped them. But, I started following the Women's game directly after the 2008 Peace Queen Cup, so my experience and knowledge of this tournament is still building. I did think that a Peace Queen Cup was a possibility, so yesterday when I looked up the scores and found out that this bunch of "October friendlies", which I liked to call it, was actually the 2010 Peace Queen Cup, I wasn't really surprised. So, I guess my hunch was right, and now I'll refer to it by its rightful name, rather than how I previously referred to it: "This amazing group of October Friendlies!" So, anyway, aside from my little personal anecdote, the Cup is underway, and 2 of the games have already been played. Since there is no existing Wikipedia article on the specific 2010 edition of the competition, I had to fish around the web for the scores. Here they are:



Australia vs. Mexico
: Australia beat Mexico 3-1 in their opening match of the competition. This bodes pretty well for the Matildas. Mexico isn't the easiest team on the block, so to beat them 3-1 is certainly a plus. Judging by their current performance, and their Asian Cup victory, the Aussies are looking like quite the team to reckon with. As for Mexico, they're going to want to step it up; they've got World Cup Qualifiers coming up in 10 days, when they play in the CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup. Next up for Australia and Mexico is Chinese Taipei. The Matildas take them on tomorrow, and Mexico will play them on the 21st.


Korea Republic vs. New Zealand: These 2 teams fought to a 0-0 deadlock yesterday. This result isn't a bad one for New Zealand, who has qualified for Germany 2011. Korea Republic is ranked higher than them, so a tie is showing they can definitely keep up. We'll have to see what happens when they play England on the 21st. As for the Korea Republic, they too will face England, tomorrow on the 19th.


That's all for now on the Peace Queen Cup! Tomorrow there will be 2 games:

England vs. Korea Republic
Australia vs. Chinese Taipei

As for these games, they are being broadcasted in Kore; I checked the official site. So, for all of you followers who live in Korea, you can probably get these games! As for everyone else in the United States, Canada, Germany, Australia, or wherever you live, its going to be a little harder, and its probably not going to be on TV unless you somehow get Korean channels. So, for us, it might actually be possible to find a live web stream or webcast of these games. Unfortunately, I'll be unable to watch since I'll be busy during the game times tomorrow, however, for the upcoming matches, I'll try to see if the Korean channels that are broadcasting do a live stream. Also, it might be a good idea to check places like justin.tv. Good luck fishing around the web for all of you fellow fans! If you find any links that stream the games, send 'em to me, because chances are they will stream the remaining games in the competition!

I'll be sure to check tomorrow's scores as soon as I get the chance, and I'll talk about them on here. Also coming up is an in depth post on the CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup. I'll list the Groups, matches, and maybe even some predictions! That'll be coming up soon; either tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Have a good one!

Until then,

Denise

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Any luck finding that live stream? I've been trying to find one and can't find any! The final has already kicked off. Here in Australia they are currently televising the games against Mexico & Chinese Taipei. I'd much prefer to be watching the final!

    Great blog, by the way. Good to see a blog devoted to women's football!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry to be getting back to you rather late here! I did not end up finding any live stream for the final, hope you had more luck than I did! By they way, I wanted to say thanks for reading, and also, I'd like to say thanks for commenting! I'm really glad you enjoy the blog. I have just as much fun writing and I really put a lot of effort into it, so I'm glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete