Friday, October 15, 2010

Quick Hits Calendar

Hey everyone! I realized that for the first time in a while, I've covered pretty much every upcoming event in depth. Usually, I have almost no time to catch my breath before I have to cover the next topic, which is great, because that means that I will always have something to write about (which I love doing. Why else do you think I'm on here so often?), and it also means that the women's soccer world is busy, and that means that us fans will have tons of exciting action and events to keep up on! But, I must have covered all of it, because I wrote in depth about the upcoming friendlies and qualifiers a few times. And, I did my daily information check, to see if there are any new upcoming matches, news, or if there were any current off-season events with WPS, and there seems to be nothing. So, I'll just write a little quick hits post for all of you guys, just in case you guys need a reminder on some of the upcoming friendlies and qualifiers (and also because I need an excuse to write about women's soccer!), so let's start!


October 17th- Australia vs. Mexico
New Zealand vs. Korea Republic

October 19th- Australia vs. Chinese Taipei
England vs. Korea Republic

October 21st- England vs. New Zealand

October 26th- Sweden vs. Norway

October 28th- Australia vs. Germany


As far as friendlies go, that's what's coming up. As for the qualifiers that are coming up, I'll post specific matches closer to the actual start of each competition.

As I said in an earlier post (probably yesterday's), I mentioned that I was going to be searching for either live streams, or webcasts of these matches. Chances are I won't have any luck, because its hard to come by women's matches especially on the computer (it kinda sucks that the women's international teams only really get coverage in their region/continent. It should be like the Men's teams, where the foreign team matches are televised on widely watched channels. But, we're still working on that one. Baby steps I guess. I don't think Gold Cup will even be televised at all, let alone in the USA, which is a complete and total farce. If they can do it for the men, they should do it for the women. Maybe that way Women's soccer wouldn't be as obscure as it is and we'd probably actually get more mainstream fans. Its completely unfair that the Germany men's team for example can have a friendly televised everywhere, but the German Women's team is only televised in Germany, if even! They should be televising all of the women's matches like they do with the men's. Especially qualifying competitions. It would be unheard of to not put men's WC or even EURO qualifying on TV. With women's teams, you'd be lucky. Its pathetic. Sorry, little off track there). But anyway, should I find one (best chance is with Australia vs. Germany), then I'll post the link on here when I find it. Of course I'll make sure it works first. If it does, I'll post it so you guys can follow along.


Ok everyone, that's it for today I think. See you soon!

Until then,

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment